Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Butterfinger Bites

Mini Me has been away at school for almost two months, so it's time to to get that mid-term care package in the mail. One of our shared loves is peanut butter, so I always try to include a peanut-y treat in her box. I've been seeing home made butterfinger bars all over the internet, and knowing they are a favorite of Mini Me,  I thought I'd give them a try. Looking at the simple, and strange, ingredients, I wasn't quite sure what these would be like. I must admit, I was surprised at how good these were. They don't have that hard snap that butterfingers do, but they sure had the flavor and texture of the soft crumbly part. If you are not a candy corn lover, this is the perfect recipe to re-purpose  candy corn that finds its way to your house on Halloween!
For these tasty little treats, you only need three ingredients that you probably already have on hand, making these even easier to put together.

Butterfinger Bites
1 lb Brach's candy corn
1 lb peanut butter
1 lb chocolate

Directions:
In a mircowave safe bowl melt the candy corn, stiring every 15 seconds until melted.  The melted candy will not be fluid and flow, but be grainy and somewhat lumpy.
Add the peanut butter and stir until completely mixed. Pour into a 9x9 parchment lined pan. Pat down firmly into an even layer. I used an offset spatula to smooth the surface. Allow to cool, cut in to desired size (I cut mine in about 1 inch squares) dip in melted chocolate and let harden on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Enjoy!






Link:Foodie Friday at Deisgns by Gollum